1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chicken Family of NJ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by makadiwal, Apr 5, 2016.

1. makadiwal

makadiwal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2016
    Hi everyone,

I finally decided to register and become a part of this great community. I've been interested in getting pets for my children that they can interact with and enjoy and having birds before, chicken just seemed like the next best thing.

We've just bought 8 chicks that are brooding and now the pressure is on to get their coop ready before they are too big for the brooder.

Looking forward to getting your advice along the way and sharing our many wonderful memories together.

MK
    (Mohammad Kadiwal)

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Mohammed and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. Chickens are great to help get children to understand where and how food is produced and also responsibilities that go with it. I'm sure they are very excited.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

All the best
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrate I'm more than sure your children will enjoy raising them, they sure are lots of fun and very rewarding too as you see them grow and flourish.

Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly. Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congratulations on the new flock!

5. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Mohammad, hope you enjoy Backyard chickens as much as we do. hat breeds did you get?

7. makadiwal

makadiwal Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2016
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Really happy I found this place.

We got 2 of each - Australorp, Barred Rock, Buff Orpington and Rhode Island Red.

Sadly, one of the RIRs, "Rodey" didn't last long. I only just read today that she may have had the "pasty butt" and the boys were very sad at losing her. We're going to get another one this weekend hopefully and may even add a pair of Silkies to our flock.

The pressure is building up to get their coop ready and I'm still trying to figure out the design elements.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by