new chicken farm

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cleggsferryfarm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. cleggsferryfarm

cleggsferryfarm New Egg

Feb 1, 2017
    Georgia
    Hello everyone, I'm starting a small chicken farm in georgia and looking for good hatcheries in the area. wanting some
    Dominiques (2 hens 1 rooster) and some bantam Silver Sebrights (4 hens 1 rooster). will be bird ready March 1st. April first, i will be adding 12 Buff Orpington hens and 12 Austria White hens and a trio if Yokohamas. wanting birds around 8 weeks of age. thanks for any help and i am looking forward to this adventure.will be putting the orpingtons and the austria whites together. does anyone know of any reasons this combo wouldn't work?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, cleggsferryfarm, and welcome to BYC! I think that combo would work just fine. You might visit the GA thread in the following link and inquire from some locals about hatcheries in your area. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

In addition to the state thread, you may find something on the buy-sell-trade forum.

Good luck with all your plans!

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]

WELCOME!!!! What part of GA.? Had a son in the Peachtree area..and others for a couple of years. :) He couldn't get over the beauty there.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under cleggsferryfarm [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, living in Aus I am not able to help you with your chicken search but I did just want to send best wishes to you and your flock when they arrive.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

6. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello, and welcome to BYC!

7. cleggsferryfarm

cleggsferryfarm New Egg

Feb 1, 2017
    Georgia
    im in south georgia where all these tornadoes just hit. about 3 hours south of peach tree city in a town called Albany

8. cleggsferryfarm

cleggsferryfarm New Egg

Feb 1, 2017
    Georgia
    Not having any luck finding a hatchery. Does anyone know of any good ones that has Domoniques and Sebrights? Also having trouble finding sexed birds. Does everyone buy eggs or day old chicks, and wait to see what you have and get rid of the ones you don't want? I have raised chickens in the past, but they were given to me. Never had to purchase a specific breed, but these are the birds my kids requested to have.

9. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oh man...those tornadoes! Hope everu thing was ok with your place!

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to check out the breed threads, and see is anyone on there is in your area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by