New chicken farmer!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by growraiseeat, May 6, 2016.

1. growraiseeat

growraiseeat New Egg

May 5, 2016
    My wife and I bought our first house just over a month ago, and what was the first thing I did? Order chickens!

I've always wanted a Hobby farm, and been researching this site and others the last couple years. We decided on McMurray's and got 18 Light Brahmas, and they sent us 4 "mystery chicks"

I haven't been around chickens for 25 years, so we're looking forward to learning all over again!

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Congrats on the new house!! Sounds like you made the most important decision...order chickens! Ha! What new home is complete without poultry! [​IMG]

You will definitely want to stop by our learning center. All kinds of great articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry to refresh your memory... https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you still have any questions, feel free to ask around the forums as well.

Enjoy your new home and this great poultry adventure and welcome to our flock! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - great to have you onboard with us. I hope that you enjoy your chicken-keeping renaissance as well as being a member of BYC.

Best wishes

CT

4. Lil Peeps

Lil Peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    Welcome to BYC! So glad you decided to get chickens! The first time me and my family ordered chicks we bought them from Murray McMurray and we were really satisfied with everything. Brahma's are awesome chickens! Great layers and not to mention beautiful! I love my Brahma to death, Good choice! Hope you have an amazing adventure with your chickens and remember here on BYC we are all here to help you if you ever run across any questions or problems. Good luck with your chickens!

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

6. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    :welcome

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

8. growraiseeat

growraiseeat New Egg

May 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

Their wing feathers started popping out yesterday! (5 days old) It's easiest to see in the yellow (mystery) chick at top center.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by