New Chicken & First Egg!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PamB, Sep 27, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    We just got two new Silkies three days ago. The previous owner said she thought they were close to laying. Well, today my daughter checked the nesting box and here's what she found!! I can't believe it happened so quickly!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Hooray! And congratulations on your first egg!!! [​IMG]

3. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Congrats! [​IMG]

4. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Thanks!!! Now, can I ask a crazy question...why am I nervous about eating the eggs??? HAHA. I have never had a "fresh egg" before and now I'm nervous that I could have done something wrong while taking care of them (since I'm so new to this) and the eggs aren't good to eat. Someone please just tell me I'm being silly! Thanks!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You're being silly. Eat those eggs!

6. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:Thanks!!! I needed that! [​IMG]

7. @~rosecityfarmgirl~@

@[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Windsor
    It will be the most delicious egg you've ever had [​IMG] I was the same way, it's a little weird ACTUALLY knowing where your food comes from lol! I'm surprised though, I didn't know Silkie eggs were that big - maybe now I can convince my fiance that we can get a Silkie (he likes eggs...I love chickens!)

8. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    @[email protected] :

It will be the most delicious egg you've ever had [​IMG] I was the same way, it's a little weird ACTUALLY knowing where your food comes from lol! I'm surprised though, I didn't know Silkie eggs were that big - maybe now I can convince my fiance that we can get a Silkie (he likes eggs...I love chickens!)

I'm sure once I eat it, I will be fine...but it is true, it is strange knowing where the food comes from...haha. The eggs are small...maybe they look bigger in the pic. I'd say two would probably equal one regular sized egg.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by