1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chicken Fountain parts question

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Lil French Hen, May 2, 2017.

1. Lil French Hen

Lil French Hen Just Hatched

May 2, 2017
    Scottsdale
    I just received my new Chicken Fountain in the mail. I read the instructions and watched the how to assemble video but I seem to have one extra part! Anyone know what this black rubber tube is for? Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    I am not familiar with a chicken fountain but just to ask----do you have a pump in it----does this hose go on the pump so the water can be pumped up to a top/upper level and flow back down??

3. MandyFitch

MandyFitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2013
    lol I don't really know how it works except that once it's hooked up to the hose, I don't have to do anything at all and the water stays perfect clean.

4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    LOL, OK, watch the Video one more time. Does this fountain have a electric cord to plug in? Does water go into this fountain? Does it work proper without using this extra piece?

5. MandyFitch

MandyFitch Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2013
    I guess the piece was extraneous. It's set up now and working great.

1 person likes this.
  6. Lil French Hen

Lil French Hen Just Hatched

May 2, 2017
    Scottsdale
    Here's the reply I got this morning:

That is a water diverted tube. There is a little stub on top of the valve that it slides onto. It just diverts the water from shooting out the top on the first fill. After the unit fills the valve is under water and will never shoot the water again. If you cant slip it on the stub no worries. Just hook the unit up to the hose put the top on and turn the water on it will fill right up and be all set. I'm not sure how it came off, they normally go in pretty tight.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by