New chicken integration!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by milleryardchx, Jun 2, 2008.

1. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    Well I have had my two Barred Rock hens for about a week now. Well Sunday I got my new little girl Ameraucana. Well she is only 3 1/2 months old where my BR are 7 months old and a lot larger! well they have had no pecking issues they let her eat and drink no pecking order issues. I was so happy that they let the new girl in the circle and now they roam the yard together and sunggle together to sleep in the coop. And my Ameraucana sits and watches the BR lay their eggs I think she is confused about what they are doing haha she has only been around pullets her own age. So just wanted to say YEAHOOOO!!!They all are getting along!

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    It's always great to hear when things go right! I know it's hit or miss on when and how older chickens will accept younger ones. I'm so glad it worked for you.

Can we see pictures?

3. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quote:

4. Sahara

Sahara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Keystone Heights, FL
    I don't seem to have that kind of luck when integrating new chickens. I'm glad it worked out for you. It is always less stressful for you and the chicken:)

5. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Very pretty girls you have there. So glad they are getting along. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by