new chicken keeper....not having great luck!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CCC luv, Sep 4, 2014.

1. CCC luv

CCC luv Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2014
    I posted last week about my sick pullet then my other two ( unfortunately roos) got sick as well, So I have treated pullet with tylon for 3 days and then with safeguard wormer and Aureomycin for 3 days and still continuing antibiotic for her...Now , with my first two the boys ( yes my first three chicks to start out were all boys! !!!) rehomed the one to thr lady I bought him from and bought the sick pullet last week! So anyway the pullet as I guessed had cold symptoms and was and still is emaciated and dehydrated ( confirmed yesterday by USDA testers) and it amazes me she is still alive! She still has green poo and pee and eats and sleeps and barely drinks BUT nothing else! my boys had lost all color in their combs and wattles and the one had really bloody stool and was even twitching his head at one point and I thought he was a gonner which would have broken our hearts because he was our one and only egg someone had given my son and my son hatched him and we are very attached to all of them but especially him :) so I treated them with amprol and within three days the color was back and they were feeling spunky! well, the day before yesterday was there 5th day on it and I stopped it and gave them vitamin/probiotic water and they still have foamy brown poo that turned into diahrea and back to brown foamy mush and seems as if they are losing color again....what should I do? give the amprol again? and for the pullet bless her heart, I don't know what to do with her...she seems so miserable ! I guess all I can do is wait for the labs to come back on them (7-10days) but in the meantime, don't want to lose them and don't know what else to try.....any advice would be greatly appreciated! oh and they are two months old (pullet is 3) and the boys have never been outside yet...was preparing their coop when they got sick and the pullet is isolated in a dig crate but in same room

2. CCC luv

Aug 26, 2014
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG] and yes I'm worried about the boys fighting and want to find a good home that I can trust before I re home my beutiful black orphington which is breaking my heart, wish I could keep him but my son won't let his barred rock go and the coop only holds up to 4 :/

3. CCC luv

Aug 26, 2014
    [​IMG] here is our poor sick Rosy :(

4. CCC luv

Aug 26, 2014
    hello? can anyone see my post? :/

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    You might have better luck posting in the Emergency forum where questions about health, illness, etc will be expected and the folks reading them will be looking to provide the sort of input you are looking for.

6. CCC luv

Aug 26, 2014
    yes I agree, unfortunately I didn't realize this until after I posted and dont know how to cut copy and paste!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by