New Chicken Lady

abbey21

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2016
Augusta, GA
Hey everyone! After reading many threads, I finally decide to join BYC! I live in Augusta, GA and have started my first flock over Christmas! I have 3 pullets: Rosemary the Blue Copper Maran, Lottie the Dominique, and Willow my "pet chicken" who is a Black Sex Link. I'm also raising 4 chicks 2 RIR, 1 black Cochin, and 1 "mystery chick" whom I was told was a BO (not so sure since her legs are turning green!) Here are a couple pics of the gals! Looking forward to being a part of BYC!

welcome-byc.gif
Nice intro.

You have a beautiful flock. It will be interesting to see what the mystery chick turns out to be - hopefully a good natured, frequent layer of beautiful eggs.

I'm near Macon, but have visited Augusta in the past. We enter the Master's lottery every year and actually won tickets twice over the years, but guess twice is the limit
wink.png

G'day, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some great breeds. Black Sex Links are my personal favorites as they are very friendly and hardy laying machines. You should get loads of large brown eggs from Willow. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. If you have already checked out the Learning Center, you may like to subscribe to your state thread. Good chance you'll find other Bycers near you.

Hi and welcome to BYC - a great little flock you have there!

All the best
Ct

Back
Top Bottom