new chicken lover from mn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by christinaJ76, Jun 25, 2010.

1. christinaJ76

christinaJ76 New Egg

Jun 25, 2010
    minnesota
    Hi everyone!!

I am brand new to the chicken world! So far I'm loving it. We have five brown leg horns, four red sex linked and two australorps. They are just about nine weeks old. My husband built them a beautiful coop and a pen tht is 12'x24'. They have been in there coop about 1 week, they were in a brooder in the house until then. Opened up the door to the pen last night for the first time, such chickens LOL they wouldn't go in there. Will try again. I believe I have all pullets, I've kinda been hoping for one cockerel but don't think I got any. Little more about myself- I have two daughters 11 & 14 years old, husband, 3 dogs, 3 cats, of course my chickens. I work at a humane society as the lead animal care tech so I am around alot of animals but I have to say this new world of chickens is really fun!! I'm excited to be part of this forum, I hope to learn alot from all you chicken pros!!

2. Finn's Mom

Finn's Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome from Virginia! We'll look forward to hearing more from you. Have fun!

3. cterbizan

cterbizan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2010
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] from GA!! Trust me on here you learn something new every time you log on.

4. fluffystuffs808

fluffystuffs808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Hawaii
    [​IMG] ALOHA from Hawaii!

5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Welcome from western Kentucky! You're gonna love this place... [​IMG]

6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Welcome! Glad you are 'one of us now,' the people that other people point at and stare.

....because they are so AWED by our superb taste in livestock and pets! [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Christina! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by