New Chicken Mama! Hi Y'all!

Crazy Pet Lady

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Brand new!! I just got my new feathered family members on March 27th.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 8 total, 3-4 belong to a friend. Keeping them healthy and happy until they're a bit bigger.

(3) What breeds do you have? Dark Brahma and Barred Plymouth Rock

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Always have loved chickens, family has kept some as long as I can remember. They're just really awesome animals. (Oh..and the EGGS!)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, music,spending time with my kiddos

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
2 kids, boy and girl. So many pets. Cats, dogs, guinea pigs, chinchilla and fish. Now chickens!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I had A LOT of questions before I committed to raising chickens. Every Googled question led me right back to BYC!

Pics of my 4 chicks attached! No idea of their sex yet, but all were ordered as pullets. All are about to he 2 weeks old.

Attachments

• Mother Clucker1.jpg
    Mother Clucker1.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 7
  • Mother Clucker2.jpg
    Mother Clucker2.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Dottie.jpg
    Dottie.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Nugget.jpg
    Nugget.jpg