New chicken mama with questions

Cglenn04

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2019
Cedar Hill
Hi everyone! I’m Connie from Cedar Hill, TX and I have three ~5-6 week old pullets and two keets about the same age. I’m excited to go on this journey with you all! I have already learned ALOT by reading these threads.

One question I have... I have a small coop with good ventilation that is inside a 8’x8’ cage that we use as the run. We will be going out of town for nine days when they are about 3 mos old. If I have someone come check on their food and water, would they be okay if they’re left inside the coop for those days with no access to the run? Thanks for your advice!

Thanks, y’all. I really really hope I can find someone to help. I was trying to take the path of least resistance, but I don’t want to do that at the expense of my chickies.
Vacationing is one of the cons about owning chickens. You can also try to find a local 4H kid who loves chickens that might be willing to help out for free.

Welcome to BYC! "This is the place with the helpful chicken folks!" (sung to the theme of ACE hardware store)

I have an automatic chicken door opener for my coop. It helps me not having to go and open/close the door twice a day. I use this one:
614JEhbDMQL._AC_UL320_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=automati...399690&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_2nqv1zn5js_e

Back
Top Bottom