New Chicken Mama

Linzspotts

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 27, 2014
Lehigh Valley, PA
Hello!
I am Lindsay from Pennsylvania, and I am new to raising chickens. My neighbor has a barn and used to have chickens but wasn't looking to get more. He was nice enough to let me raise them in there (since he has everything all set up, plus knows what he is doing!)... And my husband wasn't too thrilled about the idea of having chickens in our yard. (With two golden retrievers, that would have been tricky!!)
Anyway, we have 4-week old chickens, all female: 10 pullets, 10 red pullets, and 4 Americaunas, which are named Juliet, Portia, Mona (Desdemona), and Clea (Cleopatra)... Can you tell that I am a Shakespeare enthusiast?
They are thriving... I am amazed at how quickly they are growing. My three year old son loves them, too!! My husband... Well, he's more interested in the eggs!! :p

images

Welcome to BYC!

Wow, what a nice neighbor you have! I am glad you are enjoying your babies so much. Very cute names you have given them too!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Kelsie has left you with a couple links to follow. Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom