New Chicken Mimi Here

Chickenmimilisa

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We got our first chickens on May 22. 4 to start because they limited me to 4. i went back June 6 when they got the next batch and bought 2 more. 15 more on the way from Cackle Hatchery on Friday ~

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 2 cinnamon queens, 1 gold laced wyandotte, 1 barred rock, 1 mottled houdan, 1 buff brahma, the ones coming are 5 oliver eggers, 5 blue eggers and 5 silkies. They had a sale on mixed :)

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 cinnamon queens, 1 gold laced wyandotte, 1 barred rock, 1 mottled houdan, 1 buff brahma, the ones coming are 5 oliver eggers, 5 blue eggers and 5 silkies. They had a sale on mixed :)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Having them run up to me every morning, jump on my hands and get up on my shoulder. They are really sweet so far

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? beach and gardening mostly

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am self employed and started with my chickens because I have a smoothie bar and market in Florida. My goal is to homestead but the store gives me and outlet to sell the eggs and fresh fruits and veggies to sell and for the smoothies when all is grown in, as I just started my venture! Follow me @gyspymooncelebration or come visit us in Celebration, FL if you are Disney bound or just in the area! I also have a 5 year old grandson that visits a lot and I wanted him to help raise these little ones. We also have 2 dogs who seem super curious about the chicks and cry to come out with me to see them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google search !

Back
Top Bottom