New Chicken Mom from San Diego

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jennifersmith10, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jennifersmith10

jennifersmith10 New Egg

Oct 11, 2010
    My sister and I decided to do something great for our families and raise happy chickens for yummy fresh eggs and hours of entertainment for our kids! We have a 20 acre farm with a large barn that has a ready made coop...the size of 2 horse stalls. We went 3 local feed stores and have collected 2 deleware hens, 4 americaunos(sp) and 2 rhodies, along with t5 cochins that are still babies. We have only had them a few days, and already have lots of eggs! I am hooked!

2. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    A warm [​IMG] from Louisiana! That's the way to do it...buy them laying!! The 6 months it took for my girls to start laying was like agony!!

3. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] and bloody brilliant to skip the teenager phase! Glad you love your chickens!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on getting chickens, and getting eggs so soon

Imp

5. humannmom

humannmom New Egg

Oct 10, 2010
    Vista
    Awesome!!!! I am so glad that you are loving like we do so much!!! That is so neat that you have 20 acres in San Diego area. We also are in the San Diego are and have just begun to in the last six months. OUr kids are so in love with the fun that they have with them. Have fun with the chick and chickens...[​IMG]

6. gwill23

gwill23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2010
    Grangeville Idaho
    Welcome. I just started this spring. This site has been a huge help for me from building the coop to everyday chicken relations to .... yes .... that faithful day the rest of the girls begged me to do something about the 8 teenage roosters with over active hormons [​IMG]. Two made the dinner table that night and two now have a wonderful home in North Freezerton.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by