New chicken mom, what breed and gender do I have?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KristinaC, Aug 2, 2013.

1. KristinaC

KristinaC New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]the picture to the left is my husbands favorite the white one I know is a roo he is crowing, but the other one?

[​IMG]this is my rescue it was found by a neighbor as a baby

[​IMG]I have 3 of the black with white ones don't know what genders?

[​IMG]this little one has a wide variety of colors named Shelby's friend by our Granddaughter Shelby

[​IMG] I have 2 of these the one likes to take pictures the other in the back ground said no way kiss my tail..lol

[​IMG]this is lil gray it was the same size as all the others when we got them but is much much smaller then the rest now

[​IMG]this is a "small" group picture we have 10 total

[​IMG]again another picture of Shelby's friend

[​IMG]the one in the back is rescue, the red one is "red" and another black with white

[​IMG]another group shot

[​IMG]the one that wanted the tail shot finally turned around for a picture.

Any and all help is much appreciated.. Thanks!!

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep

1 person likes this.
  3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    My Guesses ...
    Pic 1, The roo looks like maybe a White Rock, the barred girl could be a Barred Rock.
    Pic 2, if he is a breed, could be a Swedish Flower Hen, if a mix, part Specked Sussex.
    Pic 3, another Barred Rock, that one looks female.
    Pic 4, Easter Egger Roo.
    Pic 5, Silver Leghorn? American Game?
    Pic 6, No tail? EE/Ameraucana/Araucana, probably with Araucana close up, could also be Manx Rumpy.
    Pic 7, Is the group shot, the White Rock, Sussex x?, OEG, EE, the far background one looks Cuckoo.
    Pic 8, The EE roo again.
    Pic 9, The Sussex X, A female RIR/Production Red/Red Sex Link, Barred Rock
    Pic 10, The barred/cuckoo bird in the backgound looks darker than the others?
    Pic 11, SL or AG again

1 person likes this.
  4. The pink is my opinion!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I counted 3 roosters total so far, the White Rock?, the speckly one, and the EE. Depending on their age, the rest look like girls, so seven girls hopefully if you have 10 total. Do you know ages and if they are supposed to be purebreds, would help with breed/sex guesses. Know you said you rescued one of them. If you plan on keeping all the roosters, you will probably need more girls, they usually recommend 8-10 girls per rooster.

1 person likes this.
  6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013

1 person likes this.
  7. KristinaC

KristinaC New Egg

Aug 2, 2013
    Newalla, Oklahoma
    Thanks for all the great information that each of you have given me it is really appreciated!! Thanks ramirezframing, roostersandhens, Kelsie2290 and Wyandottes7
    I am hoping that I can find a local family for two of the roosters to have another happy home and family, just not sure what one I do want to keep.. decisions decisions...
    Again Thanks for ALL your help!!

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    You're very welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by