1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chicken Mom

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wildponyfree, Jul 3, 2007.

1. wildponyfree

wildponyfree New Egg

Jul 3, 2007
    Tennessee
    Hi! me neighbors moved and left the chickens behind. Many of them were captured and carried off but I took in what was left. I've been learning about them and we have a couple of chickens houses built and have been caring for them. We've had some really good eggs coming from them. They are mainly free range and one of them hid out in my barn and had 11 chicks.

So I've learned a lot but still not good at recognizing breeds. Can anyone help me?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  2. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    They are Game Birds. Old English Games maybe, atleast I think so. I had one just like that first hen and she hatched chicks non-stop. They are great moms. [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They sure are cute [​IMG]

4. tooeytew

tooeytew New Egg

Jul 4, 2007
    WY
    They are Welsummers. Dark egg layers, Nice breed to have. My friend in Ill sent me some of her eggs I hatched. She Loves them. Mine are about 15 weeks old now. Congrats! They are rare and nice birds.[​IMG]

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    They are definitely Games,lol. There are White eggs in the nest box and Welsummers are bigger than those birds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by