1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New Chicken Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Happy Hatchings, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Happy Hatchings

Happy Hatchings Just Hatched

Apr 9, 2016
    Louisburg, KS
    Hi there, my girls are 25 days old and I still have them in their brooder in the garage, I noticed that some of them have really runny poops, and they sure are smelly! They have been great up until now, they have been on the medicated started crumbs. Any ideas?
    Also. today I finally got my beloved Guineas (being a SA Chick) got 4 Guineas and 2 ducklings which are about a week old.
    The ducklings don't mind being picked up, but boy those Guineas! I guess my Q is can I leave the ducklings and the Guineas in the same brooder?
    Ok, so that's 2 Q, first about the runny stinky poop, & then about having the Guineas & ducklings tog.
    Thank you so much!

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You could ask on the Guinea thread, I don't know anything about them other than they are very noisy and love to eat ticks.

4. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Maybe if you also post on the duck thread, you will hopefully get feedback from experts on keeping both!

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by