New Chicken Mom!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SharCarm, Jun 7, 2016.

1. SharCarm

SharCarm New Egg

Jun 7, 2016
    Hi everyone!

I'm Sharon and I'm rapidly becoming a chicken addict thanks to my neighbor, lol!!

I've read several articles from this site over the last few days, but just officially registered today!

I'm looking forward to all there is to learn about chickens. Mine are meant to be both eggers and pets, so I'm working on getting them used to me. I sit with them for 15-20 minutes every weekday morning before I go to work and an hour or two at night, plus several hours on the weekends!

I currently have three seven-ish week old bantams and two four week old Black Australorps.

Sharon

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! What is it you want to know? :welcome

3. etorte

etorte New Egg

Jun 7, 2016
    Hi there! I'm a new chicken mom too! I also have ducklings and have been raising them together and they seem to be happy together! Anyone else have ducks and chickens living together and what is the best food and water setups so the ducks don't make such a mess?! Thanks!

4. SharCarm

SharCarm New Egg

Jun 7, 2016
    I have lots to learn!!! I'm just so excited! I never dreamed that I would ever own chickens!

Right now, my biggest question concerns my Black Australorps - they are the same age, yet one is at least 50% bigger than the other! Not sure if one is just naturally developing faster, or if there is something wrong with the other. Or, if one is a Roo vs the Hen it was supposed to be! [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can post photos of any of your chicks (please list age in photos) at "what breed or gender is this." They are very good at what the do.

1 person likes this.
  6. Bordor Chicks

Bordor Chicks Just Hatched

Jun 5, 2016
    Quebec, Canada
    Hello Sharon! I'm a new chicken mom too and spend just as much time as you with my flock!! Makes me feel better knowing i'm not alone spending so much time with them![​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. SharCarm

SharCarm New Egg

Jun 7, 2016
    They are so much fun, and quite relaxing!

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  10. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by