New Chicken mom

Chickenmom0214

Hatching
Mar 28, 2017
Hello, I am a first time Chicken mom! I have an assortment of 12 heavy breed chickens and also 4 Cochin bantams. I love all of them dearly and amazed at how fast they grow. They are 3 weeks today and growing their back feathers this week. I think I'm going to love having my girls around considering I have 3 little human boys and one grown boy around the house. They are my escape from the daily activities.

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Sounds like you have a nice assortment of chicks and will make for a fun flock. Yes they do grow VERY fast. Faster than weeds! They are enjoyable at all ages but the chick stage sure is a cute stage.

Ask any questions you may have and welcome to our roost! :)

Hello from Kansas, ChickenMom, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! Totally with you on having chickens to escape the details of day to day life! They sure provide a way to unwind.
You can gain a lot of valuable chicken knowledge by reading the vast array of articles in the Learning Center here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
And you can chat with some local poultry people in your state thread in this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread
Good luck with your flock and thank you for joining BYC!
celebrate.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Chicken tv is the best show around! Hope the whole family is enjoying your new flock.

I'm sure your girls will bond with you and tell you how their day has been - some breeds are very chatty. They will also listen to your stories NOT like roosters, who just puff up their chest and crow!! Men !!! Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock
frow.gif

G’Day from down under Chickenmom0214
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom