New Chicken Mom

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Harris Chicks, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Harris Chicks

Harris Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2017
    Arkansas
    Hi, I'm New. Just got my first flock. I absolutely love my girls. I'll have questions and love reading other post to learn more.

2. PraiseGod

PraiseGod Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2017
    Heart in Jerusalem
    Welcome and enjoy the new flock.

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

Congrats on your new flock.

If you haven't already explored, you should visit the Learning Center - there a lot of great articles there to help.

Hope to "see" you in the forums.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new flock.

As Sunflour says, you'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

5. Cntry1958

Cntry1958 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2017
    Somewhere in Maryland
    Welcome to BYC We are glad you joined us here. If you have questions please ask there is so many great and friendly people here to help you out. There is also a area where you can see what people in your own start are up to. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Here is the link to the Learning Center https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Getting your first flock is so exciting from getting a new coop to put them in or building one. Then getting everything that is needed to feed and water. Going to pick out what kind of Chickens you want. Do you pick them out by how many color or how beautiful they look or are you looking for a certain breed. So much we had to think about. Picking them out and putting them in the car or truck and that drive home is so exciting because you know there yours now. Putting them in their new coop that your so proud of and watching them explore the coop. They are scared first but settle down in a few hours. They are so much fun to watch and interact with. Then there is that first egg you get. OH boy your so excited. Taking the eggs inside and telling the girls how proud you are of them. Tasting a fresh egg for the first time one that was given to you by your own hens. There is nothing better.

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    [​IMG][​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined our flock! [​IMG][​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Harris Chicks, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! CTKen gave you some great research links so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

8. Harris Chicks

Harris Chicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2017
    Arkansas
    Thank you for all the great information. Can't wait to see more.

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard Chickens [​IMG]

10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Harris Chicks [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by