New chicken momma here!!!!

Docie0920

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2023
My name is docie . From Missouri. I grew up with my parents raising chickens, just had my first kid a couple years ago and decided it was time for me teach her!!! We just got 5 chicks and 3 teens a couple weeks ago. Chicks are roughly 4-5 weeks now, and we have an 8ish week old barred rock roo, and 2 pullets (not quite sure on breeds).
Nice to meet y’all!!!

My name is docie . From Missouri. I grew up with my parents raising chickens, just had my first kid a couple years ago and decided it was time for me teach her!!! We just got 5 chicks and 3 teens a couple weeks ago. Chicks are roughly 4-5 weeks now, and we have an 8ish week old barred rock roo, and 2 pullets (not quite sure on breeds).
Nice to meet y’all!!!
Not from MO but some of the best years of my life were spent in NW MO in Livingston County.

Nice to meet y’all!!!
Welcome! You're starting your youngster out right, getting her into critters. Look into 4H when she's old enough - they "officially" start at eight, but "Little Britches" can be toddlers! I have wonderful memories of my now-grown nephew wandering around the show ring, waving at all the people and dragging an empty halter ... while his little guernsey calf followed him, bare-faced and lowing, around the ring!

Back
Top Bottom