New Chicken Mommy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by andrinaden, Mar 6, 2017.

1. andrinaden

andrinaden Just Hatched

Mar 6, 2017
    I am a first-time mommy to 6 baby chicks. I am so excited that we already put their coop together! We live in SW Fl and I am happy to find a place for questions and advice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - so glad you've joined us. Nothing more exciting than the day you bring home your first babies - unless it's the next day or the next spent watching them grow and change. You've come to the right place, we'll talk chicken with you all day long!

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. Congrats on your new chicks - very cute.

This link may be helpful at the moment - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-your-baby-chicks

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best
    CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Congratulations on your brand new Chicklets.[​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Looks like CTKen gave you a bunch of great links so Ill just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

6. CP Chicken

CP Chicken Crazy about Turkens

Feb 25, 2017
    Gallifrey
    Welcomes! Your chicks are absolutely adorable!! :welcome

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am so glad you joined us and I hope you will make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

8. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hello from a former Floridian! Be sure to check out the FL state thread, really nice group of people there. Cute chicks, thanks for sharing pictures!

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under andrinaden [​IMG] Welcome!

Aaaaw, such cute little ones!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you and them all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by