New Chicken Mommy

nina1993

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 18, 2017
[/IMG]
I got an Isa brown chick as therapy pet.
1f600.png
She will be fully indoors. She is roughly 2 weeks old and I am looking for any and all advice and tips for caring for her as well as pampering her. Penelope is my pampered poultry princess and I look forward to hearing from experienced owners

Last edited:
She would be happier outside with a few more chicks/a flock. Its not natural to raise a chicken indoors and you should see the way they poop. The dust that they make is insane. Its very unrealistic to think a chicken would be happy indoors. Good luck

Chickens need other chickens, and dirt and bugs and such.  

Good luck

Gary
Does she need other chickens if she is going to have constant attention. I am a stay at home mom so I will have the ability to be with her all of the time. I also would prefer her to be a vegan chicken so would like to avoid bugs

Last edited:
Does she need other chickens if she is going to have constant attention. I am a stay at home mom so I will have the ability to be with her all of the time. I also would prefer her to be a vegan chicken so would like to avoid bugs
No lol, I plan to feed her chicken feed as well as fruits,veggies, and crushed grains and nuts. I've never had a chicken before... is this not sufficient nutrition?

Last edited:
I'm not
She would be happier outside with a few more chicks/a flock. Its not natural to raise a chicken indoors and you should see the way they poop. The dust that they make is insane. Its very unrealistic to think a chicken would be happy indoors. Good luck
I'm not concerned with the dust as all I do is clean anyways. I am going to use chicken diapers to control her poop. I have also ready that a higher quality diet as well as a feeding schedule vs free feeding will help balance and regulate her. I feel it is unrealistic to think any creature wouldn't be happy indoors if given adequate care and love.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom