1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicken owner...Barrie, Ontario

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sami, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Sami

Sami Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Barrie
    Hi Everyone
    Love this website. I have finally finished my chicken coup and now the hunt is on to try and find some young hens [​IMG] I had some lined up in May but the coup took way longer then expected....turned into the Taja Mahal. Looking forward to finding some to bring home. I grew up on a farm with RIR's and Plymouth Rocks but really love the look on the Wyandottes...didn't realize until i started looking for hens all the different breeds:D

My husband and I are located just outside of Barrie Ontario. Is there anyone near me?

Sam

2. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

3. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    [​IMG] from SW Indiana, USA [​IMG]

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]. You will love having chickens. Good luck on your search for the perfect hens, there are a lot of beautiful breeds out there. [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Sami

Sami Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2010
    Barrie
    thank you for the warm welcome. It is nice to find site where there is so much info. I put the final coat of paint on the coup last night, but I think i ended up with more on myself then on the coup:p Will post pictures once everything is done and my laides are in....hopefully this weekend [​IMG]
    cheers

6. cambriagardener

cambriagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm always glad to hear that people are spending time on their coop before they get the chickens. Better to have a nice, safe environments for hens. You'll be happy in the long run and so will the hens. Best of luck and welcome! [​IMG]

7. Warlock40

Warlock40 New Egg

Feb 1, 2012
    Barrie Ontario
    Did you happen to find a good supplier in the area?

8. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

There are several Canada threads you may want to check out in the Where am I - Where are you section

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

10. KBlue

KBlue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    Katy, TX
    [​IMG] from Ohio!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by