New chicken owner chook compatibility

tonkslupin

Hatching
Jan 25, 2017
Australia
Hi everyone. I have 4 Isa Browns at laying age (probably about 2 years old) and they're all in an area together.
I got two 3month old araucanas that are in a temporary cage together.
We also have an almost month old California White and Khaki Campbell duck. We also have 2 each of week old Buff Orpington, Sussex, Plymouth Rock and Australorp.
We are wondering if we can put them all together when they are fully grown. Any information is great. Thank you

G'day - glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. I'm not sure but, believe older birds (mature) are harder to integrate than young ones. You can put "flock integration," in the search box and see what comes up.

Howdy neighbour
frow.gif
Welcome and Happy Australia Day!

Sorry, I am also not able to answer your ‘one flock’ question but Ken and Diva have given you some good starting points.

Please do pop into the Aussie Thread and say G'Day, you will be welcome.

Best of luck!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom