1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicken owner in East Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LeslieMerrill, Apr 27, 2015.

1. LeslieMerrill

LeslieMerrill Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2015
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the website and new to chickens! My husband and I picked up 5 straight run RIRs about 7 weeks ago, and 3 leghorn pullets and 3 penedesenca straight run about 6 weeks ago. I'm pretty certain we have 3 RIR cockerels and 1 penedesenca cockerel. We just finished our coop yesterday, I included a picture! We are very proud of it. Will be making the run next!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to BYC. Very nice coop, I love the windows. Chickens do like to look out.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    [​IMG]
    Love me some leghorns and RIR's! I have my fancier birds, but those leghorns are the friendliest birds I've ever owned!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's a lovely coop you have there!! Great pics. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly. Wishing yiu the very best of luck with your flock in the future.
    Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Which part of east Texas are you from? My wife and I were both raised in east Texas. Your coop looks real nice. Thanks for posting the pics. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

7. LeslieMerrill

LeslieMerrill Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2015

We live in Canton.

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Wow, my wife and I were raised not too far from where you are (Blue Ridge for her, Greenville for me) and we used to occasionally go to First Monday. It's a small world. :eek:)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  9. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    Welcome to BYC !!

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Hi and welcome to our community! [​IMG]

Glad you could join BYC! Congratulations on beginning your chicken adventures. Rhode Island Reds and Leghorns are nice productive breeds that I'm sure you'll enjoy. My Rhode Island Red has had a good temperament and has been a very good egg producer. I haven't kept Penedesencas, but they sure are beautiful birds! You've built a beautiful coop. I love the colors![​IMG]

Welcome to our flock and I hope you enjoy BYC! Good luck with your lovely birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by