New Chicken parents.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickenmanjim7, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Chickenmanjim7

Chickenmanjim7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2015
    Aberdeen, Washington
    New to the board and already had so many questions answered figured I would introduce myself. I have 6 chickens ( or they have me) my wife and I got 2 RIR 2 buckeyes and 2 EE's. It has really been fun raising them. They have just recently started laying eggs and should I ever have to buy store bought eggs I will totally be disappointed as backyard eggs are SO delicious. Without further adieu let me introduce our ladies!

[​IMG]
    Helen she is the queen bee of the flock and will never look at the camera. Especially when she is out free ranging.

[​IMG]
    This is Foamy ( aka the lunch mouth) never looks up while she is out so this is the best you get!

[​IMG]
    Athena, or the Diva of the group. My wife has spoiled her alot and prefers to be carried most places.

[​IMG]
    tHIS IS [email protected]#[email protected] named such due to how she acts when you pick her up lol. Has a little wild side this buckeye does.

[​IMG]
    Big Red ( the enforcer) always seems to be on the look out for any dangers.

[​IMG]
    and last but not least munchkin. Never ventures too far from the run/ coop and cries for the others to come back.

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    [​IMG]
    What pretty chickens you have! My personal fav is munchkin :)

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a beautiful flock. Personally, I think Helen is the prettiest one. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and :welcome

We are glad you joined us! Aww you have such a neat flock, and such pretty birds! I used to have two chickens named red, and they looked exactly like big red, well that's because they were Rhode Island reds too. ;) This is a great site for chicken owners to ask their questions and learn all about chickens! We can't wait to help you with your chicken questions and chat chicken with you. :p Make sure to check out the entire site.

Once again :welcome

CherriesBrood~

5. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Really love Helen's coloring. Glad you joined BYC

8. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

What a pretty flock, thank you for sharing them with us!

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by