New Chicken Tractor Plans - My Next Project

thechickonthehill

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 13, 2009
Sadieville, KY
I've been wanting to build a chicken tractor for a while but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for until today. The Lowe's Creative Ideas magazine has a very cute chicken tractor in the newest issue. Here is the link to the plans:

http://www.lowescreativeideas.com/idea-library/projects/Fowl_Play_0511.aspx

I think this will be my next chicken project. I haven't studied the plans thoroughly yet but, with a few modifications, I think this will work for me. I did notice right away that the roost idea they use will have to be changed as I don't think a dowel rod is big enough for a LF chicken to roost on comfortably. I'm sure there will be a few other things I will change but I like the looks of this little coop. I want something I can use as a rooster/breeding coop and I think this will work. I am also sure I can build it for less than their estimated cost of $530 dollars as I have quite a bit of scrap lumber. Now if I can just find the time . . .

That is so cute!!! But I already made the mistake of making one too small coop...maybe after I finish my big girl coop I will make this for broodies or new chicks.

thank you for sharing the link!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom