New chicken yard fence

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CariLynn, Jul 22, 2011.

1. CariLynn

CariLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    State of confusion
    WoooHooo! The hubby put up a newer, better, and more study fence for our chickens and they are so much more happier. Here is the start of it with everything we needed to complete the task. The yard is 100ft around total space:

[​IMG]

Here is the corner posts with the braces:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the door, we have a nice heavy metal door on it with a latch. This weekend, if it cools down, the hubby will put a kick board on it as there is a small gap under the door. Behind you can see our enclosed chicken coop with tarps over it, that was from this past winter when we had so much snow, we tried to ensure the chickens had some place to walk that wasn't 48" in snow!! We will be replacing the tarps for a car port and then enclose that with the coop for further protection, but that is a project we will do in the fall when it isn't so hot!
    [​IMG]

Chickens waiting to be let out:
    [​IMG]

Finished product:
    [​IMG]

Chickens out, they ran around, spread their wings, our banty roo crowed and danced too:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is our little coop they go into at night. I am going to go price another one today for a few more hens, as we sell our eggs on a small scale to family and a few good friends:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    You guys did a nice job. I really like your coop. The colors fit well, and I like the access point on the backside for cleaning it out...though may be a tad harder with the new fence that close [​IMG] I can't wait to build a real coop, I get a new idea every time I see a new coop like yours.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by