New chicken

amberlynne99

Chirping
Jan 4, 2019
hello. My loki (silkie hen) lost her other half and has been alone for a month before I could get her a new silkie. Well I got one 2 days ago and she is bigger than Loki and keeps trying to sit on her. I took her off and moved her and she kept going back. Also when they go into the house she wants to lay right where Loki is. Is she bullying her? Or am I’m just overthinking it and maybe she just wants to be close? Loki seems scared of her and I got her so she wouldn’t be lonely. What do I do?

hello. My loki (silkie hen) lost her other half and has been alone for a month before I could get her a new silkie. Well I got one 2 days ago and she is bigger than Loki and keeps trying to sit on her. I took her off and moved her and she kept going back. Also when they go into the house she wants to lay right where Loki is. Is she bullying her? Or am I’m just overthinking it and maybe she just wants to be close? Loki seems scared of her and I got her so she wouldn’t be lonely. What do I do?
It takes time for birds to adjust. Do nothing-wait a week and go from there. As long as they are not being physically hurt, stop worrying.

Is there a pecking order with only 2 hens? I’ve always had two and usually 1 would follow the other but never any issues of sitting on top or trying to take over the other

Yes. Usually one will prove its dominance. And I'd bet that hens you had in the past proved there dominance too; when you weren't looking. The hen that followed the other was the submissive to the leader.

Back
Top Bottom