new chickenhaus progress

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by quadcam79, Mar 4, 2008.

1. quadcam79

quadcam79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    heres our coop that we've been working on. It's 8'x8' x10' high
    the roof needs to be finished this week and I'll be building and installing nestboxes, a run and finish painting next week.
    it'll be getting white trim and PA dutch hex symbols on each side. for those unfamiliar a hex symbol looks like [​IMG]
    more symbols and info here http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~aferm/pennsylvania/hex.htm

ok
    now the pics, I think I'm doing pretty good considering I am no carpenter and doing this off the top of my head
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    looks nice , are you going to paint the design in the upper right corner on the coop?

3. quadcam79

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    we're going to put one design on the top middle of each wall to break up tyhe solid red. Plus I'm PA dutch so that brings some of home here to Fl.

something like this [​IMG]

if you look on the last pic right side middle the white box lookin thing in the background is our well pump, I'm going to build a cover to match the chicken coop

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. KB3GZW

KB3GZW Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    Lehigh County, Pa
    Ah very nice to see another Pa. Dutchie here with me. Except I still live in Penn. I have those hex signs all over the inside and outside of my house.

5. quadcam79

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    I know lehigh county, I used to work there at ABE airport but I lived in carbon county and went to school in Jim Thorpe. my whole family still lives there I was the only one who flew the coop LOL

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Great Job!

7. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    That's just beautiful, quadcam! I love the hex symbol, what a great touch!

8. quadcam79

Oct 28, 2007
    Fernandina Beach Fl.
    thanks, I still have a bunch of stuff to do but it should be ready next week

9. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Hey, nice distelfink [​IMG] My mother's side of the family is from Lititz [​IMG]

Oh yeah, nice start on the coop too, btw <g>

Pat

10. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    Nice chickenhaus! I'm PA Dutch too....I hope you're treating all your new neighbors to filling & shoofly pie lol.
    You're building looks great...I hope the one I'll be attempting next month looks half as good [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by