new chickens added

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by encorepistol, Apr 5, 2009.

1. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Went to sales the last 2 weekend and just couldn't resist. First pair is a pair of blue rosecombs. They are not perfect but got some nice qualities.[​IMG]
    This is a blue frizzle bantam cochin hen I bought along with a black frizzle bantam rooster, both are in bad shape feather wise so i felt sorry 4 them and brought them home and split them up with my bantam blue cochins.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those were from last weekend at Waterloo IL. Today was a small sale at Farmington MO and seen these bantam barred rocks from a guy who raises really small bantams. They are friendly as all getout and verry pretty to me but may have to work on the barring.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still have a bunch of chicks and eggs in the bator and just put around 7 more dozen in today!!! I'm gonna be chick poor!!!!

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Cute [​IMG] Are they laying? The reason I ask is that I'm making an egg color chart and I don't have pictures of Rosecombs eggs, so if they are can I please have an egg picture?

3. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    As soon as she lays another egg I'll take a pic for you..

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Some really nice birds! You're lucky you have auctions and such there. Down here, they don't have such nice stuff. [​IMG]

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

As soon as she lays another egg I'll take a pic for you..

Thanks! [​IMG]

6. StrawberryHouseMouse

StrawberryHouseMouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Tennessee
    Really nice birds, congrats! I love the tail on that rose comb

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Those Barred Rocks are so adorable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by