New chickens (Japs, Ginats, Rose combs)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by L&Schickens, Feb 8, 2009.

1. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I have an older gentelman friend who loves to give me chickens. He gave me a bunch of chickens last week. I think his age, his ailing wife and his part time job are making him want to reduce his chicken numbers.
    He gave me a bunch of Japanese. Barred tailed white and cuckoo, with 3 roosters and 11 hens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some black Rose Combs that I think we are going to show. They seem real good. I will get them seperated from the Seramas soon too. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And he also gave me a bunch of Jersey Giants. Most were cockerels and I took them to the auction, but I kept one. A nearly laverder one!![​IMG] He is blue. I also get 2 black hens. So now my JG flock is getting big and will be very colorful. [​IMG] I put the new guys with my peas and splash Giants. (I also have 3 leghorns too.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I love the barred tail white japanse. They are beautiful!

3. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I am thinking about selling off a trio of them, if your interested. I can ship. [​IMG]

4. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Ugh, every time I see you Barred tailed white's I always drool and certain thoughts of new additions come to mind, but, must resist.... for now [​IMG]

5. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    AJ,
    I have a trio or quad with your name on them!! [​IMG]

6. pipermark

pipermark Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2007
    Arkansas
    That Blue Jersey Giant looks like he might end up to be a good one. Nice coloring, with good lacing. He might even have a decent comb.

Congratulations

7. L&Schickens

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I hope he does turn out good. I had to pick him out from 6 I took to the sale. He seemed to be the nicest one, from what I could tell with the glashlight. [​IMG] I want to show him. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by