New chickens on my backyard!!!!! =]

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Skitz, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    my friend gave me 5 chickens! and they're one Bantam rooster, 2 Bantam hens, 1 Barred Rock hen, & 1 white leghorn hen!!!!! all of the hens laid an egg today! =] 2 tan small ones, 1 big brown one, and one normal white egg! Those are going in the bator tomorrow (Friday) with some other eggs im getting tomorrow from a BYCer. He told me that those were the chicks I sold him last year! Im going to the flea-market to sell my little chicks so I can have more space for my hens.

2. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    Awesome awesome I think all the chicks i'm hatching out will be going to the flee market as well

3. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    you sell birds at flea-markets? never heard of that, i guess we only have thrift-stores around here.

4. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Think of a flea market as a big outdoor thrift store with lots of awesome antiques and other neato goodies all over the place.

I go to flea markets to look for Depression-era glass hen dishes.

(Hey Jhonny, where are your PICS?)

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I gave my packing peanuts to another BYC member who was set up at a flea market. He had some really nice clucks to sell, and there were lots of people who were interested in them.

6. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:I will take some as soon as weather gets better and I hope they're alive! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by