New Chickens! They got more in early!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by margali, Mar 15, 2012.

1. margali

margali Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2011
    I was so bummed when I called yesterday and they said they were sold out. But they got their shipment from Crackle early! I got 3 buff orphingtons and 2 barred rocks. They are all supposed to be pullets, the cockerels were marked with something.

The babies:

[​IMG]

2. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Beauties! Congrats!

3. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Congratulations on your new chicks.

I am counting more chicks in the photo than you say you got. Love that chicken math [​IMG].

4. margali

Nov 13, 2011
    [Quote/]
    I am counting more chicks in the photo than you say you got.  Love that chicken math ;) .
    [/quote]

3 of each, LOL. Typing on my phone is wonky. This morning they were kind of groggy. I don't think they figured out the water bottle. Put some Rubbermaid lids (.25" tall) with pebbles in full of water. They perked up and went to town after I picked on up and set it the water. Husband will refill water at lunch as needed.

5. margali

Nov 13, 2011
    1 Week Update!

They are so much bigger already. They can fly up to the perch and from my hand back into the brooder. Their landings still need work. :)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

They are starting to get used to me and the dog. They completely freaked when I changed the pine shavings yesterday. I didn't have anywhere else to put them and they were scared of the scoop. They settled down pretty quickly though.

Margali

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by