New Chickens! They got more in early!

margali

Songster
10 Years
Nov 13, 2011
I was so bummed when I called yesterday and they said they were sold out. But they got their shipment from Crackle early! I got 3 buff orphingtons and 2 barred rocks. They are all supposed to be pullets, the cockerels were marked with something.

The babies:

Congratulations on your new chicks.

I am counting more chicks in the photo than you say you got. Love that chicken math
wink.png

[Quote/]
I am counting more chicks in the photo than you say you got.  Love that chicken math ;) .
[/quote]

3 of each, LOL. Typing on my phone is wonky. This morning they were kind of groggy. I don't think they figured out the water bottle. Put some Rubbermaid lids (.25" tall) with pebbles in full of water. They perked up and went to town after I picked on up and set it the water. Husband will refill water at lunch as needed.

1 Week Update!

They are so much bigger already. They can fly up to the perch and from my hand back into the brooder. Their landings still need work. :)

They are starting to get used to me and the dog. They completely freaked when I changed the pine shavings yesterday. I didn't have anywhere else to put them and they were scared of the scoop. They settled down pretty quickly though.

Margali

Back
Top Bottom