New Chickens with Problems?

Lanissa86

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Ok, So I am back from my little trip I took and stop by a chicken owners place to pick out 2 young pullets. I picked a Delaware and a Cuckoo Marans, both looked SO good and Healthy at the time I picked them out. Well I bring them home and since I am in the city I did not have a Quarantine Area for them so I threw them into the coop with my young girls. Everyone did Great, I think the Delaware got picked on the most. Well I was sitting and watching them and noticed the Cuckoo was limping and her leg looked like it was Bowing Inward towards her body! Looked freaky and broke! But she was walking on it and looks like it is not bothering her, so Do I leave her alone? Well to make things worse, the Delaware started sneezing and I saw a liquid bubble pop out of one nostril! OMG! I think I may have infected my other girls! Does she have something? What do I do? I am SO SO SO Disappointed right now! I have been wanting a Delaware for months! And now I think I might have cause a big problems for everyone! I feel so bad! What can I do for these two girls?>

What medicine should I give to them? Is there any hope for my Flock? Do I get the meds at the Feed Store? What do I ask for? Any info would Help. Thank you. The 2 new birds sneeze and one has alot of clear drainage! My other birds look ok, but I only brought them home today. I really need to control this before I lose everyone!

Get them some terramycin and put it in their water. It's like $4.00 at Moore's. I'm not sure on dosage, but it would be a good thing to start with and keep an eye on their poop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked their Poo, its like pure water! They looked so good when I picked them out! I got them from someone Else, I am pretty good friends with Josh and his birds are all good. He actually has my Booger now. I will try the Terramycin. Thanks so much!

Their poo is probably watery from the heat. They drink alot of water in these conditions. I think it may be too soon to tell, but I would just wait and see. I wouldn't freak out. Let me know how everything goes.

Josh and Angie are the only ppl I know in SA that sell chickens and they are friends with each other so that is why I was asking. I bought a bird from Angie once, she has some beautiful birds at her place.

Back
Top Bottom