New chickens...

michaelapop127

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2016
Adams Massachusetts
I just got these older 1 and 2 year old hens. Do you think they are leghorns and do you think the Silkie looks like it's crossed with something else? Also there is one leghorn bantam? Is there such thing? Tell me what you think!

Yep, you've pretty much got it figured out. The silkie looks like she's either getting picked on or has some mixed blood in her. And it looks like you do have a leghorn bantam! In shows they aren't all that uncommon, but on farms and stuff they are pretty hard to find. The other two are both standard leghorns.
Have fun with your new girls!

Yep, you've pretty much got it figured out. The silkie looks like she's either getting picked on or has some mixed blood in her. And it looks like you do have a leghorn bantam! In shows they aren't all that uncommon, but on farms and stuff they are pretty hard to find. The other two are both standard leghorns.
Have fun with your new girls! 

Thanks!! I know that they are molting and when I look closely at the silkies head I can see new feathers coming in so that's a good sign lol. I think they will be a good fit! Hoping to hatch some chicks!

Cool! Silkies make good mamas if you don't have an incubator - but now you do!
big_smile.png

Have fun!
D.gif

We let one of our *annoyingly* broody austra whites hatch a few last year. She was an amazing mom despite the fact she was a hybrid.
Good luck!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom