New Chickens!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lauralou, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I got chickens! 2 Dominique pullets, 1 Dominique cockerel, and 3 mixed breed Barred Rock/Dominique pullets.

I have named the 3 Dominiques. Mustang Sally, Tough Cookie, and Captain C@%&#*!g. I can't tell the BR/Doms apart yet.

They are so pretty! These pictures don't do them justice. I'm a terrible photographer.

The one out front is one of the BR/Dom girls.

[​IMG]

Side view: BR/Dom Butt View: Dominique

[​IMG]

Well, I just wanted to show off my new birdies!

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    SO CUTE! [​IMG]

3. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks so much for the compliments! Today is the second full day that I've had them, and they are still getting accustomed to everything. They know that I bring food, so everytime I go out, they come out of the coop. They hear me coming.

So, it's raining here. I go out to lock the coop up for the evening, and they all come pouring out. They don't want to go back in.

You can probably tell, the coop is a double decker. The top coop is where I want them. It has almost twice the roosting space.

Then it starts to really rain. So, I open every door to both coops, and start herding. All the girls run into the bottom coop, and Captain C flies into the top coop. It's almost dark, I'm soaking wet, and I shut all the doors. I hate that the little man is all by himself, but at least I got him in.

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice birds, Lauralou!!!

5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Nice Chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by