New Chickens!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SGM, Sep 10, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    I had mentioned in another post that I found an Easter Egger/Ameraucana rooster for my 3 hens. Here he is...
    [​IMG]

I also recently got these hens. They're a Blue Andalusian/RIR cross. They're GORGEOUS! I couldn't help myself so I got all 3 hens. They've already started laying nice brown eggs. I'm thrilled since none of my other chickens have started laying yet! Anyway, I got the Silver Laced Wyandotte rooster to go with them since I'm itching to hatch some eggs so bad.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry, she blinked when I took the pic...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the roo. He wasn't with the hens but I figured why not! We'll see what we get. Then I can change around some or get a new roo.
    [​IMG]

I sure hope my other chickens start laying soon! We have RIRs who are 20 weeks, 4 Guineas also 20 weeks, Ameraucanas and a pair of Silver Sebright. All my chickens have been molting but the wait is killing me!

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Those hens are really cool looking!

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    WOW those Blue Andalusian/RIR crossed are beautiful girls!

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    that rooster is VERY HANDSOME [​IMG]

5. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    OMG I love thos RIR/Blue Andalusian crosses! The red and blue contrast is beautiful! You should've gotten a rooster [​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You could start a new breed!

I'd breed those hens back to a Blue Andalusion Roo to see what you would get.

7. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Quote:Oh believe me I did look, but she didn't have one even remotely close. No cross roos at all. [​IMG] I had to have those hens though. Now that I think back, two of the hens were in a cage and then the third was in a cage with a black hen with red hackles. So she must have been a sister too. Didn't see any splash though. I'm thrilled with them. If they keep laying I'm going to collect eggs to hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by