New chickie and duckie mama!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tauntonchicks, Mar 30, 2016.

1. tauntonchicks

tauntonchicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Hello! Our family is new to backyard chicken raising and I have found so much info on here [​IMG] We have 4 Orpingtons and 4 Aruacanas. We also have 6 ducklings (supposedly Ruen but I think Khaki Cambell) soooo ducks are waaaayyyyyy different lol thank God they are cute! Heres a pic after their tubby time
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your new flock.

1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Ducks are way cute, I think it is their big , innocent looking eyes. You can post on the duck thread (just put name in search box) for your questions of a duck nature. Please check out the "Learning Center " above for a good poultry education. [​IMG]

4. tauntonchicks

Mar 29, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Thank you! And yes they are sooo adorable when they tilt their little heads and look up at you [​IMG] I will check out duck forum

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome to the forum!

Your little ducklings are adorable! :love

1 person likes this.
  6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. What beautiful babies!

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your little fluffy ones!

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
    CT

8. tauntonchicks

Mar 29, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Thank you so much! We are so excited for our new adventure. The chicks and ducks are so much more personable then I would have ever imagined! [​IMG] trying to teach our children the value of being self sustaining. We are from RI. That is great advice and I will certainly search my area!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. tauntonchicks

Mar 29, 2016
    Rhode Island
    Ducks were 3 weeks on tuesday[​IMG] chicks were also3 weeks tuesday, getting moved to pack and play today since they are getting a bit crowded now. They look so grungy cause they keep splashing water [​IMG] any suggestions? I have the waterer up on a dish so it's harder to walk in but they like to sit on the edge of it[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by