New chickies arrived...I think I'm addicted!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by acarter26, Aug 30, 2011.

1. acarter26

acarter26 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Baldwinsville
    Just arrived this morning....2 jersey giant hens and 1 roo! All 1 day old. This is my 1st time getting chicks through the mail but all look healthy and of course adorable! We now have 2 roo's , 11 RIR hens, 4 white leghorn hens and 3 silkie hens! I still want more! Love my chickies!! [​IMG]

2. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Good for you [​IMG]
    I'm having a blast with my 4 day old chicks and 3 week old chicks [​IMG]

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Enjoy lots of fun.

4. tclegg

tclegg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Parkersburg
    I totally understand--I was the same. I wanted chickens for several years--and finally talked to hubby and took the dive. But "studied" it on internet, read, and questioned everything for about 2 yrs...because knew it was a big responsiblity...that is just the way I am with that type thing...But I knew from get go--I was hooked..Now nothing could pull me away..I already know once these girls, (even though I love them for them) will die in few years or so..I WILL raise more...just for their companionship...their eggs are extra....LOL...ENJOY!!!

5. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    I feel your "pain."
    Almost daily I see auctions on chicks or eggs that I REALLY WANT! [​IMG]

There are so many breeds that I haven't tried yet.

My husband keeps asking me WHY we need more chickens since we collect 15 eggs per day already!

. . . Let's see . . . there's egg omelets, quiche, egg salad, deviled eggs, egg sandwiches, egg drop soup, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, poached eggs, eggs benedict, . . . (I sound like Forest Gump!)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by