New Chickies: Can anyone help with a guess on the breed?

Spires6

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Ohio
Went to a hatchery the other day to pick up some started red comet pullets and they were having a sale on brown egg laying pullet chicks. Of course I couldn't resist. There was a large list of what breeds were in the bin but they were picked over and the lady was no longer sure what was left as many of the breeds had similar looking chicks. She guessed that mine included speckled sussex, partridge rock, barred rock, cuckoo maran, and welsummers. Any guesses from the expert chick identifiers? Thanks!
cool.png

24651_chickens_and_kittens_june_2011_004.jpg
[/img]
24651_chickens_and_kittens_june_2011_005.jpg
[/img]
24651_chickens_and_kittens_june_2011_009.jpg

24651_chickens_and_kittens_june_2011_010.jpg
[/img]
[/img]
24651_chickens_and_kittens_june_2011_012.jpg
[/img]

Ooo, this is a toughie, chipmunk chicks are pretty hard since partridge rocks, welsummers, and speckled sussex chicks all look similar. If I was to guess on the first two, I'd say Partridge Rocks

The second two look like Welsummers

The third pair is easier, definitely a couple of barred rock cuties

The next set is kind of hard to tell since the two on the left are either out of focus or looking away from camera. The one on the right is a little Silver Laced Wyandotte. You can't mistake those little zoro masks
smile.png

The last picture is a repeat shot of the Wyandotte.

It'll be so fun to watch them grow and change! Have fun with them!

Oh yeah. She did say she thought I got the last silver laced wyandotte. Awesome! I love wyandottes.

Back
Top Bottom