New Chickies: Can anyone help with a guess on the breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Spires6, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Went to a hatchery the other day to pick up some started red comet pullets and they were having a sale on brown egg laying pullet chicks. Of course I couldn't resist. There was a large list of what breeds were in the bin but they were picked over and the lady was no longer sure what was left as many of the breeds had similar looking chicks. She guessed that mine included speckled sussex, partridge rock, barred rock, cuckoo maran, and welsummers. Any guesses from the expert chick identifiers? Thanks![​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [/img][​IMG][/img]

2. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Ooo, this is a toughie, chipmunk chicks are pretty hard since partridge rocks, welsummers, and speckled sussex chicks all look similar. If I was to guess on the first two, I'd say Partridge Rocks

The second two look like Welsummers

The third pair is easier, definitely a couple of barred rock cuties

The next set is kind of hard to tell since the two on the left are either out of focus or looking away from camera. The one on the right is a little Silver Laced Wyandotte. You can't mistake those little zoro masks [​IMG]

The last picture is a repeat shot of the Wyandotte.

It'll be so fun to watch them grow and change! Have fun with them!

3. Spires6

Spires6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Ohio
    Oh yeah. She did say she thought I got the last silver laced wyandotte. Awesome! I love wyandottes.

4. acy0029

acy0029 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Tucson
    Quote:X2 and I think the first one's are PR's because of the color of brown they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by