New chickies!!!!!! (Pics---what am I?)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by cjeanean, Apr 3, 2008.

1. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    So I went to the feed store looking for pine shavings, and ended up buying 8 more chicks!!!! Especially since a Standard Buff Cochin happened to come in with a batch of "Rainbow Layers", and she was so tiny, I just had to get her. So I ended up with 6 Buff Orpintons, one Buff Cochin, and one "What Am I?" If anyone can tell me what the dark striped chick is please do, provided I can figure out how to post their pics on here LOL! Thanks!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    Does the mystery chick have clean legs?

3. wynedot55

wynedot55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    those chicks are sooooo cute.i love pics of new chicks.

4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Yup, and all I know is the SBC and the mystery chick came out of the bin marked "Rainbow Layers". So "it" is probably a "she". LOL!!! The only fuzzy foot that I have is the tiny SBC. Thanks!

5. Jayon

Jayon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    Utah
    I am really new to this but it looks really similar to my Ameraucanas. They are 1 week old and look a lot like that. Lay blue and blue green eggs.

Jonathan

6. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    I just hope the little SBC makes it.....she's very tiny, and doesn't ever stop peeping, even though I've been seeing her eat and drink and the temp is more than warm enough. She keeps trying to nuzzle under the Buff Orpington's wings, almost like she misses her mommy!!!! It's so cute!!!! I will be sad if she dies....I don't know why she would, but I hope she doesn't!!!

7. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Hmmm....what color eggs do Americanas lay??? They had some other ones in the bin, too....they had spots/speckles on their faces...let me try to get a better pic of her...BRB

8. mandomama

mandomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    corvallis oregon
    Also looks like my gold laced wyndotte

[​IMG]

she has a striped back too.

9. Jayon

Jayon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2008
    Utah
    ops edited my original post and answered your next question. I will get a picture of mine.

Jonathan

10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Here's some better pics of her.....two of these show her with a bluish tint, that's just the flash on my camera being dumb...LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by