New Chicks - a few questions

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tls759, Apr 29, 2009.

1. tls759

tls759 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Molalla, Oregon
    We bought 3 chicks on Sunday, 3 Banty's from a feed store. We aren't quite sure how old they are, they have their feathers on their wings and 1 has feathers on "her" feet. This one also has had a bit of poop stuck on her bottom, we've soaked her in warm water to get it off. They have chick starter to eat. They also cheep really really loud.

We have 1 adult rooster and 3 adult hens, already. We have raised chicks before, so we aren't completely new [​IMG]

Here are a few pics, maybe you could help out with exactly what they are and their colors.

Thank You [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Banty cochin on the feather leg w/ yellow skin. I see black legs bac there, how many toes?

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] from Ohio, The one in the center looks like a golden laced cochin, maybe. I can't tell what the others are, need closer side and head pics. They are cute. [​IMG]

4. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

The one with brown & black wings and feathered feet look just like our mille fleur d'uccle's we just got. Very sweet and only in bantam. They also have a a dark golden brown head (on the top) like the color of dark caramel.

Have fun they look like sweeties! [​IMG]

5. tls759

tls759 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Molalla, Oregon
    Quote:Thats what we thought she was, they are gorgeous!

All chickies have 4 toes, I will try and get better pics, I had close-ups and they were blurry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by