new chicks arrived today!

sweetmeat1838

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 19, 2013
Florida
First time mama here! Super excited my chicks are here and all very active after shipping from MO to FL. I ordered Rhodes island reds. A little confused because some have black stipes and others are all reddish. Hope they are the same breed. also dont know if i should take the paper towels of the pine shaveings , they seem to go crazy trying to eat them!

They are very cute! I'm not sure about taking the paper towels away as I'm new to all of this too. Good luck :)

I'm not sure about the stripes. My PR's had darker stripes when they were little but it may be a gender thing. They are going to peck at whatever you have on the floor of the brooder. It's the way they figure out what to eat and what not too. Congrats on the new arrivals and
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
Thank you! So far I love just sitting and watching them. I think for now I going to keep the towels for them to learn what their food is .

First time mama here! Super excited my chicks are here and all very active after shipping from MO to FL. I ordered Rhodes island reds. A little confused because some have black stipes and others are all reddish. Hope they are the same breed. also dont know if i should take the paper towels of the pine shaveings , they seem to go crazy trying to eat them!
There is a theory that the stripes are female and the others are male. It's not 100% accurate, but it did turn out to be correct with our last batch.

My new chicks should arrive tomorrow they shipped out this evening well I got the email saying they were shipped so they may go out tomorrow and I should get them the 7th that would be a good birthday present. Just hoping they are the right color and alive this time.

Lol sure hope strips dont indicate sex, I ordered 12 girls and 3 boys and they sent an extra chick. By that count I have 6 boys and 10 girls! Redsoxs- thank you! Garrisonkidsduo2- sending you all the best wishes that yours arrives all healthy and just the colors you want! I could barely sleep a wink after I got the email saying mine was shipped.

Well no chicks today so that means i will have them first thing tomorrow morning. That will be the best birthday present ever. i so can't wait it hasn't been cold it hasn't been any bad weather between me and the hatchery so that should mean happy babies. YAY!!! I so can't wait. thank you sweetmeat1838 I need all the I can get. Hope all the colors get here my daughter is excited because she is showing them in the fair this year. i will post pictures once they get here.

Back
Top Bottom