new chicks bantam mix from Ideal poultry

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by funnmomm, Jan 4, 2013.

1. funnmomm

funnmomm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    Eastern Tennessee
    Help me figure out what they are. Here are a few pics.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    OH MY those are just the cutest little babies. I have no idea what they could be but am curious.
    Is one perhaps a cochin bantam?
    I see feathers on those tiny legs in the next to the last pic.

3. funnmomm

funnmomm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2012
    Eastern Tennessee
    I have no idea I got the bantam mix special they had at Christmas. So I'm trying to find out what they are I ordered a hundred of these mixed special. They all ate pure breeds but just a who knows what you get surprise I hope the last one is a Cochin it is. So cute and cuddly. Hope someone can help me out. Have a lot more that I need help identifying. I was real lucky I received some of their bantam blue wyandottes that they just tarted selling. So I am totally excited about those. Can't wait to find out what else I have

4. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    That little one in the next to last picture with the feathered legs is a Silkie, not a Cochin. Cochins have yellow legs and skin, Silkies are black. That little chicky should also have 5 toes on each foot and a crest (and could be bearded or not). Yours looks like a partridge. I have no idea what the others are...besides stinkin' adorable. It looks like the first chick has green legs, maybe its a bantam EE? Good luck with your cute peepers!

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I have no idea as well, but they are the sweetest little things! [​IMG]

6. LukensFarms

LukensFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2013
    Fort Collins, CO
    You really can't tell as they come in all shapes and sizes. I have white yellow and red silkies. I also have white red and black cochins. I also have several other wild Bantom foul including new England. Many of them look the same as babies and you can only tell in about 4 to 6 weeks when all of their plumage is in. It's safe to say that if the chick only has feathers on its feet it is likely a Cochin. A Silke likely has a pom-pom on its head and feathers on its feet.

7. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    the second to last chick is a partridge silkie. They're soo cuuuuute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by