1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New chicks coming this week!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Daycare Mom, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I can't wait, only a few more days and my new baby chicks will be here. I am nervous having meat chicks and pet chicks all together. Everyone has reassured me they will be fine together in the brooder for a short time. I will be seperating them after a few weeks. Still can't wait to have some new little fuzzy butts again![​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Aww can't wait to see them! You are sharing pic right?? [​IMG]

3. Daycare Mom

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    Aww can't wait to see them! You are sharing pic right??

Of course!​

4. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats!

The only thing I would warn is if you have leghorns, watch carefully over the meat birds, leghorn chicks can be viscous towards them, pecking at their rear end til they break through.

5. dragonlili

dragonlili Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    N Middle TN
    So what are you getting?

I just sold 5 of my americaunas and black stars and came home and placed an ideal order for 9 new babies. I figure 9 bantams (cochins, silkies, and d'uccles) should take up less room than those big girls, and I had way more eggs than I could use or share. And that one Black star was a mean girl!

Have fun with your babies. I hope the pets grow up good and attached.

6. Daycare Mom

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    what are you getting?

Oh I am so glad you asked.[​IMG] I am getting 25 slow white broilers, 3 buff brahams, 3 dominiques, and 5 buff laced polish, oh yeah and one rouen duck (my son wanted a duck) I can't wait![​IMG] We currently have 6 buff orpingtons and 1 barred rock.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by