New chicks from TSC today

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mrs Chickenlady, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mrs Chickenlady

Mrs Chickenlady Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Well I knew TSC would be getting chicks anyday, and TSC is just down the road from where I work, so at lunch I decided to stop in. Well 45 minutes later I had a box of 6 chicks sitting on the floor in my office with my desk lamp shining on it [​IMG] So, to add to my already 4 week old cuties we have 3 Black Australorps and 3 Gold Laced Wyandottes; all pullets. I now need to stay away from there. DH says there is no more room in the inn. I have managed to fill the new coop and we only completed it on Sunday [​IMG] The girl at TSC said they would be getting chicks every week for at least the rest of the month and they get them from Ideal Poultry. (but we are here in TX too)

Here's the girls

[​IMG]

2. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    aww congrats, they are so cute, im staying clear of the feed stores

3. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I should have done the same thing cause I missed out on the one's I wanted.

4. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    congratulations.
    ps not many people can say they took their chicks to work. [​IMG]

5. new2chickens

new2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Congrats!! I wasn't as happy with my TSC so ended up getting my girls from the feed store.

Sarah

6. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Noooooooooooo! Please dont tell me where there are cute little chicks to be found.

Hello, my name is Chel and I am a chick-addict. [​IMG]

7. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    I went in there today & saw a HUGE batch of chicks & I was like NO...must keep walking.... [​IMG] I was wondering what all they had, so atleast now I have a good idea. I think you pretty much have the same selection there as we have here. There were those 2 breeds, and RIRS, and maybe 2 other breeds I couldn't figure out plus a bunch of pekins.
    If I hadn't gotten my shipment of Blue Rocks in the mail, I would have walked out with *something* [​IMG]

8. Mrs Chickenlady

Mrs Chickenlady Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    I REALLY want some EE's and was sort of disappointed when they didn't have any. But now that I bought these 6 I'm afraid I don't have anymore room for them. Guess I'll have to sweet talk DH into another coop [​IMG] Think it'll work????

9. terryc

terryc Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2007
    Texas Hill Country
    Quote:Really.....ya think I'm up for another coop build do ya? LOL. Yes dear....I'm on it! Now...where did I put my hammer?

MrChickenLady....aka Terry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by