New chicks! Help Identifying?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fledgling, Jul 20, 2010.

1. fledgling

fledgling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    My order from My Pet Chicken arrived this afternoon. I ordered seven chicks total: 1 Blue Andalusian, 1 Australorp, 1 Sussex, 1 Welsummer, 1 Delaware, and 2 Easter Eggers.

I can tell which are the Delaware (yellow with tan spot on head), Andalusian (light gray), Australorp (black with yellow tummy), Sussex (fluffy brown), but I don't know what the pure yellow one is nor can I tell for sure that I have 2 Easter Eggers or if one of the brown ones is a Welsummer. I approved a replacement in my order, if necessary.

Pictures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I'm gonna say the two light ones are EE's. Thats the only ones I have experience with.

3. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    awww not too good at breeds but they sure are cute

4. barred-rocks-rock

barred-rocks-rock Can't stick with a Title

Jul 5, 2009
    Could we see some pics of their legs?

5. birdicus7

birdicus7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Coatesville, PA
    I can't help much but I have 18 3 week olds in the brooder now and my Sussex look like the 2 with the dark stripe down the back. I've always had Rhode Island Reds but now I have 5 Golden laced Wyandottes, 5 Speckled Sussex and 8 RIR's. Coop should be finished soon!!!

6. fledgling

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Thanks! I'm cuddling them one at a time to get them friendly. Got the little fluffy brown one now...typing one-handed. [​IMG]

7. jenn-E

jenn-E Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    The Welsummer will have a well defined dark-stripe with very light brown (almost whitish) stripes along it. They also have well-defined eye-liner. The chipmunk chick alone in pic 4 & to the left/bottom of the 2 chipmunks in pic 5 looks like a Welsummer. EE can be chipmunks or yellow or brown or most any other color as chicks. Look for puffy cheeks. Their legs should take on more of a greenish tint as they get older.

8. fledgling

Apr 8, 2009
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Thanks, jenn-E!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by