New chicks! Most are a mystery.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by dragonmorgan, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dragonmorgan

dragonmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    Got our chicks today and they are soo adorable. We, supposedly got 4 EEs, 3 RIR, 2 black sex link, 2 barred rocks, and 3 golden comets. I am pretty sure there were some labeling or communication issues because my GC dont look anything like they should. Anyway here they are. I posted about the questionable ones in the What gender/breed is this forum but I would love to hear any suggestions anyone here has on these.

1: RIR
    [​IMG]

2: RIR
    [​IMG]

3: RIR (DH hopes this one is a roo)
    [​IMG]

4: BR #1
    [​IMG]

5: BR #2

[​IMG]

6: BSL #1
    [​IMG]

7: BSL #2
    [​IMG]

8: EE #1
    [​IMG]

9: EE #2
    [​IMG]

10: EE #3
    [​IMG]

11: EE #4 This one is in the mystery category. Looks like it should be the GC roo but it's got colored legs.
    [​IMG]

12: Golden Comet mystery #1 Supposed to be a roo but looks like an EE except it's legs are yellow
    [​IMG]

13: GC mystery #2
    [​IMG]

14: GC mystery #3
    [​IMG]

The only way I can tell the "golden comets" from the EEs is the leg color. I know EEs can have yellow legs.

2. Kay1993

Kay1993 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 26, 2013
    Hawaii
    Aw congratz, your chicks are gorgeous and sooo cute! I wonder what that first EE will look like when it's older [​IMG].

3. dragonmorgan

dragonmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    i dont know but Im excited to find out. I have 3 grown EEs right now and they are the brown with dark head kinds. One is a roo and hes pretty but I want to add some color to the flock so I am hopin some of these will have some white or something in them. My luck it'll turn out to big a mean ol roo or something. I was excited to see what there were other colors to pick from in the EE bin besides the brown chipmunk or light colored chipmunk color. It's hard to tell in the pic but EE #3 has a blueish grey head and chest. Fingers crossed for some interesting colors this time around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by